Who needs a MC 706 M form?
You’ll need to fill out this form if your business is connected with transporting property in the motor vehicle. This form is also required if you use a commercial vehicle that weighs 10,001 pounds or more for any purpose. The Department of Motor Vehicles receives this application and issues a permit which certifies that an individual or business entity has registered their Carrier Identification number with the DMV.
What is the purpose of the MC 706 M form?
This form is an application for motor carrier permit. You must get it before starting your business as a motor carrier. The permit certifies that the carrier meets all the requirements for operating the motor vehicle on the roads of the specific state.
What documents must be accompanied by the MC 706 M form?
You have to provide the proof of financial responsibility, proof of worker’s compensation insurance, a valid requestor code (if required), a carrier identification number, payment of fees.
When does the MC 706 M form expire?
The permit is valid for 12 months, starting from the date of the application.
What information should be provided in the MC 706 M form?
The first 4 pages of the form are instructions for completing the application. The individual has to fill out the following sections:
- Type of application (original, reinstatement, renewal, seasonal)
- Business entity (provide the information concerning your business)
- Place of business
- Transportation activities
- Type of your vehicles
- Identification numbers of the operating authority
- Biennial inspection of terminals
- Employer pull notice program
- Information about the operated vehicles
- Information about the employees
- Information about the workers’ insurance
- Fee calculations
- Certification (the individual has to date and sign the application.)
Where do I send the MC 706 M form?
The application is forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles, Registration Operations Division MS G875, Sacramento CA.